Monday, November 19, 2007

Chiefs at Colts - Week 11 - Record: 4-6

I hate moral victories with every fiber of my being. I hate them, I really do. Really really a lot. I hate them for one simple reason: They're always a loss. But ya know, I'm actually a bit fond of this one, and that's only because at this point, it's all I've got.

I'm actually good with Herm Edwards believing we're still in this thing, and by the standings, we really still are! Who cares if we win the AFC West with a 6-10 record, as long as we make the playoffs-- I'm okay with Herm being okay with that.

I'm actually good with Brodie Croyle getting clobbered and coughing up the ball. Might as well get him to know what it's like- QB's fumble a lot by definition. Maybe he'll know how horrible it is, and maybe that will get him to do it a bit fewer in the future. I'm good with that.

I'm actually good with Priest Holmes barely able to get anything going with this offensive line in front of him, because at least he's out there with the other studly vets like Donnie Edwards and Ty Law to inspire these young players for future studliness. That's good.

I'm actually good with those young players suffering a crushing, close loss, so they'll so hate it so much that next time and it won't happen. We've got so many good young players that it's good to get them a healthy hatred for losing, and that can only happen with stupid losses like this one. I'm very good with that.

We had a very real shot at winning this one, with the Colts injuries and all, with their stellar kicker missing two gimme FG's early, with Croyle and Dwayne Bowe hooking up for an amazing TD play-- I thought all along, we're in this baby!

Then, splut. Another stupid loss in the closing minute. (Hey, at least it was different from last week when we lost in the opening minute of the second half...) But this's good for a team that could benefit from learning how to hate it.

I'm good with that.

No comments: