Sunday, October 19, 2008

Titans at Chiefs - Week 7 - Record: 1-5

At the NFL game website was this tease: "Chiefs, Arrowhead crowd await unbeaten Titans." I thought, that's great. We can have the Arrowhead fans get down there on the field. Still, who'd you think would win? You've got (a) an unbeaten team in the Titans-- and granted, we did still beat the unbeaten Broncos at home-- and (b) not a whole lotta people in Arrowhead anyway.

I'm not going to go into the now-standard "We are a sad, sad football team." I'm just going to talk about the positives.

We scored! Woo-hoo, at least we won't be shutout two games in a row.

Our quarterbacks scrambled around all day. At least they've found out a way to overcome our wretched offensive line--hey, Tyler Thigpen eventually scrambled his way for a 14-yard touchdown run! Woo-hoo!

One of our field goal attempts bonked off the upright. Woo-hoo! That'll be one less of those extraordinarily stupid things that could happen to us in a game that counts. Doesn't it seem the field-goal-off-the-upright just happens to the Chiefs way more than any other team? I think I just have Stoyanovich's bonk against Denver in '97 still shredding my soul.

Sorry, I did say I was only talking about positives here, how few there are. Sorry, I am leaving you with a reminder of one of those real chances we had for Super Bowl glory, eleven long long long years ago.

But wait, positive: Maybe maybe we'll have that teeny tiny chance before the next eleven years is up. That's cool, we just draft that John Elway-Tom Brady-Brett Favre QB, develop him--we can get that done within the next eleven years I think--we're in good shape.

Whups, Carl Peterson is still there.

Oh, sorry again, only positives. Hey, I didn't mention yet-another Brodie Croyle injury or yet-another Larry Johnson gross misadventure--I didn't mention them because this is only about positives!

Yay!

No comments: