Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chiefs at Raiders - Week 7 - Record: 3-3

Why is Todd Haley continuing to torment us all? Why why WHY?

I still really truly believe in the depths of my heart that this guy just flat-out cannot run a professional football team. And yet now he goes out there and really puts the screws to a decent Raiders team in our fourth road game in the first six of the season.

Granted the Raiders had a completely wretched quarterback situation. Their starter, Kyle Boller, came in to start after Jason Campbell was injured last week. He played abysmally. They had picked up traditionally studly QB Carson Palmer during the week, but he had no time to become familiar with the Raiders offense. He still came in half-way through and predictably was just as bad.

So yeah, the Chiefs got six interceptions on the day (yay!) but was it us, or was it their quarterback? I'd really like to think that our D-backs are as good as I've always said they were, but I don't know.

Why is Todd Haley doing this to us?

In fact, the radio guy today said that Scott Pioli was a nanosecond away from firing Todd Haley in the middle of the Colts game when we were down 24-7.

Grreat. Then we came back.

Then we go and win the thing outright.

Now Todd Haley is doing his "good coach" impersonation.

I'm going crazy, I really am.

We're already fully out of the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Some half-dozen teams it seems are 0-6 or something as bad. Now we're amazingly a scant single game behind first-place San Diego, who we play next Monday night at home.

So what's it going to be Todd: a world championship (or at least for now, a splendidly inspired run at one), a 3-13 final record so that we may still get a remote shot at Andrew Luck, or -- are we going to end up with the worst of the worstest scenarios of all?...

A painfully underwhelming 8-8 record, a 17th pick in the draft to get someone who just can't help us (namely someone not Andrew Luck), and more absence from any playoff contention?

We still commit too many stupid penalties -- offsides, too many men on the field, excessive celebrations -- ergh these bug... are you paying attention Todd Haley? And Matt Cassel -- ergh. One minute he's doing something utterly spectacular, the next he's throwing a pass like the one where he had an eternity to throw the ball, and he lofts this balloon up for any of the 57 Raiders players, coaches, or fans to swoop under it and pick it off -- needless to say, one did.

Yes, I am quite cynical. That's just me. I only write because I'm a Chiefs fan and I want to see them win the Super Bowl. I know they do too. We all do, I'm saying nothing revolutionary here, I know. And hey, any time they beat the Raiders it is a cause for celebration.

I'm celebrating, I really am. I'm thrilled that we destroyed them in their yard.

But Todd Haley, sorry...

He's still driving me crazy...
_

No comments: