Sunday, December 01, 2013

Broncos at Chiefs - Week 13 - Record: 9-3

Ehh. What's new.

Not really much to say in this post. Really not. Sorry. It is just all the same.

No vertical passing game. No commanding presence very late in a game when we need a clutch score. No pass defense against a very good quarterback. No resistance against the spirits of the American Indian dead buried underneath Arrowhead Stadium haunting us every damn season the Chiefs play football.

That last thing, I'm serious. It's still there. There's still a curse, dammit.

Okay, okay, call the curse "Peyton Manning" of you will, a guy who just never loses to us. Funny, at one point they said the only other time he threw for five touchdowns in a game against us was in a game that was the only one I know we've beaten him in, that one in 2004. Yeah, even when we beat him he torches us for 5 TD's. But, honestly, I can't think of another game he's lost to us. Not one.

Thing is, I don't want to hear "Well it's Peyton Manning, so cut us a break." We should be beating Peyton Manning. It'd just be nice that with a fine quarterback like Manning, that our defense would just be better. That's all. That'd be nice.

As it is, I expect us to finish the season 10-6, maybe 11-5. We'll then go into a place like Indianapolis or Cincinnati, face a really good quarterback, get beaten yet again in the first playoff game we play, and then...

And then...

I dunno. I honestly don't.

All I know is there has to be a curse. There has to be.

No team can go this-frinkin'-long without that drafted and developed quarterback like we have, and really make waves in any playoff action. Teams with great quarterbacks can, and always will.

Thing is, I still like Alex Smith. I do. He shows he does have first-overall-pick-in-the-draft quality. I will also never give up on this team. I won't. Watching him connect with A.J. Jenkins on 3rd-and-long from the end zone against an all-out Broncos blitz was thrilling.

I love my team.

But damn.
_

No comments: