Friday, December 31, 2021

Correction related to Once-Redskins vs Chiefs Head-to-Head Record

This weekend the Jets are playing the Buccaneers, and in the history of this rivalry the Bucs have not won a lot of games against the Jets. Since I've had some interest in just looking at overall head-to-head records I thought I'd peek again at what I thought was a Chiefs record: The best overall against another team with at least ten games played against one another. 

The point of this post is that in this blog effort I've made mention of our 10-1 record against the once-Redskins as the best of any team in the NFL, besting that one the Jets have over the Bucs. I thought I'd painstakingly looked at all the records, but I was just now gobsmacked by one I missed! Indeed the Chiefs do not have the best record head-to-head!

It is actually the record between the Jets and the Philadelphia Eagles! Weird, while the Bucs have rarely beaten the Jets, the Eagles have a perfect record against the Jets, 12-0! Yes, it is true, I missed it a long time ago, even after checking through all the head-to-heads twice! I'm disappointed I missed it, and certainly there are many who already know this well: In twelve meetings with the Eagles, the Jets have never beaten Philadelphia, never. This includes an Eagles win earlier this month!

So yes, here is my correction. I won't be changing my blog from earlier this year when I made remarks about it in my blog post related to the Chiefs game against the once-Redskins, but I'll put a note there.

Thanks still for your readership, and we get the Bengals in a couple days here. See you then!

__

No comments: