Friday, January 12, 2024

One of the Coldest NFL Games Ever at Arrowhead This Saturday - That's Nice

Okay okay, I couldn't not post this image I caught from my ZeroHedge perusing. In my last preview post I'd mentioned that one post from 2017 I remembered related to my previews of the playoff Steelers-Chiefs game eventually won when Pittsburgh's kicker did all the scoring with his six field goals.


Well, here we go again. I even saw a report that said, yes, this game Saturday night at Arrowhead will be among the coldest ever. How does this happen. I mean if we win that's fine...

Except...

I just can't see how a game like this cannot mean players getting injured in very not-good ways. We could win, and then go into the next playoff game meaningfully debilitated simply because the NFL is insisting on having a minus-15 degree wind-chill game, at night no less.

It may not matter, day or night, and it may not matter moving the game to a later date since that posted map there is the projection for Monday the 15th. 

That map for that playoff game in January 2017? I'd made note of the deep purple depicting super freezing temps. This map shows we're even beyond that. Kansas City will now be in the white. I guess when you go past purple you've got to get right to the color of the inside walls of your freezer. And beyond that? A kind of pinkish lilac bright purplish hue shown there in Montana, I imagine that's the color of your skin when you've been overwhelmed with frostbite. That's nice.

Yeah, you could say both teams have to deal with it, and maybe Miami will have the worst of it since they're a little less accustomed to it. But really. Let's face it.

The Chiefs have the stupidest things happen in these kinds of things.

We all know that. We've generally been spared them over the past several playoff runs, so there is that.

We'll see.

Or, all those who've been forced to shell out 70 clams to get Peacock will see...

___

No comments: