Sunday, February 11, 2024

Super Bowl Chiefs Sunday!

It blows my mind that we do indeed get to do this whole thing again. To put on our Chiefs jerseys and jackets, load up all the Chiefs pennants and chips bowls, and head out to our watch parties and enjoy our beloved team vying yet again for the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL. 

In fact, when I wrote those words did you hear John Facenda's voice saying them? I did.

Most excellently fun.

Anyway, we're off to the wife's cousin's place where, as I shared in my last post, as Rams and Cowboys fans they'll be rooting against the Niners as intensely as we'll be rooting for the Chiefs. I don't know when I'll pound out a post-Super-Bowl post here, but in the meantime, just one note I thought about.

Everyone knows about our inadequate wide receiver play over the regular season, something that did pick up a bit during the playoffs, fortunately. The one receiver who you really couldn't say anything against over that time was our fine rookie, Rashee Rice. While everyone has been raving about Travis (for good reason) as well as his stratospherically electric relationship with Taylor (also understandable reason), I just haven't seen much about Rashee. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe that'll keep him focused on the game as such a young player in the biggest spotlight.

Just this one note, however. Remember what school he came from.

Southern Methodist. 

Remember too, this was the very beloved alma mater of Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt, as well his son and current Chiefs owner Clark!

Just sayin.'

GO CHIEFS!

__

The photo is from Rob Carr at Getty Images. Thank you.

__

No comments: