Sunday, November 05, 2006

Chiefs at Rams - Week 9 - Record: 5-3

Has anyone noticed that we've won 5 of the last 6? The only thing is that we're 4-0 against the NFC (sweeping the NFC West) and that won't win us any tie-breakers. Can we take all the AFC teams (against which we're 1-3) we've got for the rest of the season?

This game was almost another heart attack game, with us going up 24-7 before they started making waves, getting it to 24-17 and driving for the game-tying score when they bogged down at about the thirty yard line as the 3rd quarter ended. The Rams really killed themselves at that point, getting all kinds of false start penalties and pass interference calls against them. Thing is, are we a good enough team to win without the help? I mean, at one point their QB Marc Bulger was something like 23-26 in passing, and he ended up with over 300 yards on the day. That's phenomenal.

I have developed a new healthy respect for Tony Gonzalez. Is Herm Edwards just using him more and better (5 catches and 2 TD's today)? That's great, but I have to confess I've always had a reserved opinion of him in light of all the plaudits heaped upon him. I think a lot of it is that I do expect him to be super human out there, and I know that isn't fair. The don't think you'd disagree, however, that when he comes up with some of the terrific plays that he does make, he does deserve his ranking as one of the best ever.

We've played a killer schedule so far. I say this because we've got piddly Miami next week. It should be cake, but I fear that's just the game to humble us big-time. It's in Miami, and while we beat them there last year, we have a history of just not getting done at their place.

No comments: