Sunday, December 24, 2017

Dolphins at Chiefs - Week 16 - Record: 9-6

We polished off the Dolphins today to win the division. And sure enough, for the first time ever in Chiefs history...

BACK-TO-BACK AFC WEST DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

Yay! Yes, I do indeed like this a lot, as any Chiefs fan would. We'll revel in the moment for a couple weeks and it'll be fun.

There are a number of critical things to address from today's game as we move forward, and I really want to get into those things, definitely. But I will not be able to get to those things now, we are simply too inundated with Christmas Eve preparation, we are entertaining family in our home this evening.

I do want to get to it so this entry will simply be a "Part I" and later this week when I've got lots of time to settle in and ruminate and scribbelate into a blog I'll put in a "Part II." It's all good.

For now I have to give a shout-out to one of the funnest plays of the day, it was the middle of the 4th quarter, we're up 26-13. We've been trying to grind this one down, but we're facing a 3rd-&-8. Alex Smith recognizes that he's got Albert Wilson way out on the right flat with single coverage deep. Sure enough he audibles, gets the snap, steps back and fires a strike to Wilson who himself steps back to get the pass and then runs for the first down. As Smith throws he's popped by a charging lineman, but he still makes the play.

Wow.

Butker comes in a few plays later and boots through the final points from 49 yards out, the ball actually banging in off the crossbar.

29-13, party over.

For all we screech about Smith, some of it still wholly justified, it is these kinds of plays that we can marvel at, plays that do indeed help get the Chiefs division titles, undeniably.

Nkay that's all I've got for now -- no time left today. I'll be back here in a few days!

For now...

Kansas City Chiefs 2017 AFC West Division Champions!
__

No comments: