Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Something That's Going On

I really don't want to do this, but I have to endure the Super Bowl on the TV. I'm with family and it's a quasi-Super-Bowl party, so I really should be here with them. Believe me I've stepped out conveniently a number of times. The most notable was going on a brief walk after a particular commercial was shown, more on that in a minute.

But briefly, I cannot neglect to put in a word about this game. Already the Bengals have benefitted from a number of awful calls going against the Rams. Surprised? For review, the Rams are about 78-magnitude better team than the Bengals. Annnd at that they should now be ahead by a score of around 78-3. I'm pounding out this post with about five minutes left in the 3rd quarter, and, yes,

The score is very close.

It doesn't even matter who wins at this point. The Scorecasting factor is fully in play. Please, nothing against the Bengals themselves.

Everything against the NFL, however, and more.

It could easily be said that I'm just a jealous Chiefs fan. Yeah yeah. That I don't have to pay attention to it, leave us alone with your stupid conspiracy theories. Yeah yeah. That's fine, I'd rather not give a single second of it any cred -- I'm with you. 

I'm not surprised by any of the buy-in for this crap. My goodness, look at how many gazillions of people have allowed themselves to be schlurped into this Covid frightfest.

So yeah...

To this one commercial.

It had some Chucky Cheese animated characters who went into a quite miserable retirement -- never mind that I'm pretty sure the Covid fantasy bleating closed down the real Chucky Cheese establishments -- but they had their reason for living restored by, ahem,

Oculus.

Well, really, virtual reality tied to the metaverse, where you can interact with anyone anyway of your own making.

This whole thing is just a metaphor for the NFL.

So many just thrilling to the WWE wrestling version of professional football. Yes, including me thrilling to it, I know, I get it -- you're right. I've written about Chiefs things for years and years now -- it is indeed a nice distraction from the difficult things in life. Lately it has been a blast with our team doing so well, and I have been convinced we've done so well in spite of the NFL's loathing of our success. I could be wrong about that too. Why aren't the Chiefs just as much unduly favored when they win?

I got you. If they are it doesn't make it any less reprehensible.

So all I can add is to conclude by asking if you'd consider The Truth. I'd written about Him two posts ago, and really, now's a good time to just share about Him again. There is a lot of wrangling going on out there about this thing freedom, and yet when we believe the big lies, we aren't really free at all. We may get some good-feels for a while, but they're still lies. This is precisely why I am just so repulsed by all that virtual-reality metaverse stuff.

So if you've read this far, and you've kind of gotten a bead on what I'm sharing, even a little, I'm blessed, and would hope also that you'd take a look at the sixth, seventh, and eighth chapters of the letter to the Romans. There you can get an idea of the thing, or the person, to whom you are enslaved.

It is something.

Or again...

It is someone.

Or it can be the One Who Loves You With His Life.

___

No comments: