Saturday, January 06, 2018

Titans at Chiefs - Playoff Game

How many times do we have to relive this nightmare. I really wonder.

I did tell you this was going to happen. And my attitude is no different now.

The regular season was fun.

Thuh end.

This playoff game was no different than any of the other ones. You can tell. It is so obvious. The exact same things that have always happened to the Chiefs in the playoffs happened to them yet again in this one, over and over and over and over and over again.

I will be perfectly frank with you. Again I'll mention it, something I've mentioned a number of times before. Because the insane things that happen to the Chiefs simply do not happen to other teams, ever, they just don't, you know it -- when I make a more comprehensive post later I may detail them -- there is a spell that is supernatural in nature afflicting the Chiefs and until God does something to remove it, we will continue to endure these kinds of games.

Yes this is spiritual in nature, yes we may never know what His purposes in all this are until heaven, this is true, and yes I may be guilty of trivializing God, forgive me, but please --

Look at that game.

Look at all the stuff that happened Chiefs fans know all too well.

It'd be one thing if they happened every once in a while, kind of the way nasty things certainly happen to any team at any given time, fair enough.

Not the Chiefs.

When I speak about the supernatural, I am speaking of no person or thing in particular -- it is just that thing hanging over us and through us and all over Arrowhead that yet again turns the Chiefs into jello and some other player or players into supermen. Today the Chiefs were actually super but only in the first half, then they melted. Marcus Mariota was contained until the second half when he became superhuman. He's a good player definitely, all the credit to him, but this. This...

One thing I do want to mention distinctly here is that there were indeed three different poor official calls that went against the Chiefs costing us 12 points. I wrote earlier that this was categorically something that is a disadvantage to the Chiefs. Indeed, we lost by one point.

1. The Mariota fumble that we recovered. Didn't count because he was ruled down. He did fumble. This was exactly the kind of thing I felt would hurt us detailed in this post. They get a field goal right after that.

2. The Mariota touchdown pass to himself when he threw the ball past the line of scrimmage. They of course get the seven points. This is not even to mention our defensive player made a great play batting the ball away -- just the unluck it goes right back to Mariota who runs it in for a touchdown. Only the Chiefs...

(Also, I found that apparently the rule says as long as the player has a part of his body on the line it's okay. Mariota had half of his foot at the scrimmage line. Yeah. Still, ding-dong NFL rule, phenomenally ding-dong play result that inevitably kills this team...)

3. The two-point conversion return we did not get because the official called forward progress. I agree that call could have been legitimately made, but it was still yet again a brutal judgment call that went against us.

Judgment call after judgment call after judgment call going against us.

I knew it I knew it I knew it.

Until that changes, until whatever crap thing is happening to make happen what we behold every time the Chiefs take the playoff field is taken out, we will not win a playoff game.

Thing is, maybe, just maybe, God will reverse that sucker by blessing us with Pat Mahomes. That's why there is hope, that's why you shouldn't be too discouraged, that's why we don't have to worry for the first time in eons about waiting and waiting for April to come around and slavering to draft a quarterback, and instead we can stock up on some defensive players.

That is the key difference from this year than any of the other horrifically horrible horror story playoff games.

It is that we actually have a next year to legitimately enthusiastically look forward to.

I'm actually feeling good right now believe it or not. The Chiefs will be very good and play very well in the postseason sometime, and when it happens it'll be especially fun.

For now, I'm going to consider that Denver game the final game of this season, and treasure that as we all look forward to a promising Chiefs future.
__

Again, I may write some more about this one, add another post, just for the therapy. We'll see. I usually do, but we'll see. I may just dismiss the whole thing and merely think good thoughts about that Denver game, leave it at that, and resume this in August. Again, we'll see.

Whatever the case, I appreciate your faithful readership. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of Chiefs Kingdom, and in spite of all this, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Thanks.
__

No comments: