Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Chiefs As World Champions - Part V

Just another quick blog about one of the coolest coolest way coolest things about winning the Super Bowl.

You're on the NFL Network incessantly. It is like 24/7 Chiefs for weeks afterwards.

This weekend I turned on the TV just to see what crazy-great Chiefs would be on, and sure enough, definitely one of the craziest-greatest things you could see.

The Mahomes Marathon.

What makes that such a crack-up -- please: an astoundingly delightful crack-up you know -- is that Mahomes has played in a mere 36 games as the Chiefs starting quarterback. And yet there is enough in his resume to have a whole television marathon of his games.

I took this snapshot of my TV at a moment when Mahomes was looking to the sideline for a play, and the expression is terrific -- it appears he too is going "Guh? I have a TV marathon? Already?"

Too much fun.

There was also this. I like NASCAR -- I'm in a NASCAR fantasy league with my own stable of drivers, and I love fast cars and enjoying fast cars racing each other. One of my favorite drivers was Jeff Gordon, and now he's in the booth as a color commentator for the FOX broadcasts.

I suddenly caught him there with a Chiefs jersey on! Guh? But then I remembered, Gordon was originally from the Bay Area, and was likely rooting for the 49ers when he'd made a bet that if the Chiefs won he'd wear the jersey.

Wonderful!

One of the interesting things about this snapshot is what is there in the booth. Look.

One of their monitors, this one showing the scene we're watching on TV. Of course in that screen is that same monitor, and then... and so on and so on and so on -- for infinity.

Of course you know what that portends.

More and more and more Chiefs Super Bowl titles!

Way way too much fun.
___

No comments: